Antenna is hiring!
Visual Arts Programs Coordinator
Antenna is seeking a person with a creative practice and administrative skills, who is curious, organized, motivated, a creative problem solver, and has excellent communication skills for the job of Visual Arts Programs Coordinator.
Antenna is a 501(c)(3) non-profit multidisciplinary cultural institution presenting exhibitions, public programs, publishing, and regranting serving New Orleans and the Gulf South.
We provide financial, curatorial, professional, residential support for BIPOC, LGBTQ-GNC+, women, immigrant, and other-abled cultural contributors and cultural bearers who produce visual and performance art; digitally printed book arts; participatory and socially engaged projects in public space at the intersection of gender and identity, the environment, equity, renewable resources, abolition, restorative justice, and the histories of the Gulf South.
Antenna is an artist-run organization that strives to implement non-hierarchical organizational structures internally between the board, collective and staff, so that we can move with intention and agility to respond to the needs of our community. Antenna is funded through private foundations, government entities, individual donors, and earned income.
Antenna is actively seeking to create a diverse work environment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, national origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.”
Visual Arts Programs Coordinator Position Description:
This position is Full-time, a mixture of in person and remote work, and some evenings and weekends. The Visual Arts Programs Coordinator participates in collaborative decision making, and administers, facilitates and or liaisons with Antenna’s programs: Draw-a-thon, The Antenna Collective, Platforms Fund Regranting and special public programs.
- Agree to implement in the working environment Antenna’s mission, values, group agreements, safe and brave space.
- Participate in horizontal decision making processes with the team members, Antenna Collective and the board.
- Liaison with the Antenna Collective communicating between team members and the board.
- Facilitate and Administer the Antenna Collectives selection of an annual curator in residence.
- Coordinate with Paper Machine Print Production Manager publication timelines and production schedule for publications related to exhibitions.
- Facilitate the organization, operation of Draw-a-thon in partnership with The Collective, team and board support and community volunteers.
- Administer the Platforms Fund regranting program
Starting salary 55,000 annually with benefits: earn three Paid Time Off days accumulated monthly, 14 paid holidays annually, 100% healthcare coverage and a professional development stipend of $500 annually. This position is provided with a laptop computer and cell phone. After three months a review will be conducted, for potential pay raise.
- Three years of experience in arts and/or cultural administration
- Demonstrate a creative practice
- Strong interest in contemporary arts and culture, especially the landscape of New Orleans and the Gulf South.
- Demonstrated and ongoing commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- The ability to collaborate and communicate with intention and mindfulness verbally and in writing with a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of computer packages, such as google docs, sheets, google meets, Adobe, and zoom.
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours as necessary.
- Ability to do light maintenance tasks such as light bulb replacement, paint touch-ups, etc.
- Five years of experience in arts programming in New Orleans and the Gulf South
- A regional exhibition record of personal creative work.
- Knowledge of arts and culture organizations across the Gulf South.
- Resume or CV
- As an artist run organization we ask for a portfolio of up to 10 images of your work, image list and your artist’s statement in a single PDF.
- In up to 300 words statements answer the following questions:
- Describe your interested in the position of Visual Artists Programs Coordinator?
- Describe your administrative experience in the arts and or culture sector.
- Do you have any experience with Antenna? Via exhibitions, printing? Awards?
- Describe a challenging experience you had while doing arts and culture programming.
- The names, emails and phone numbers of three references.