Antenna is seeking submissions of short fiction, non-fiction, poetry or prose for inclusion in Antenna::Signals 009, a print publication to accompany Antenna’s thematic “live arts magazine” event. Submissions should explore the Antenna::Signals 009 theme of Cycles.
Each written piece can be up to 1500 words; we will accept up to 10 writings for inclusion. Each accepted submission will receive an honorarium of $50, for publication in a 200 book edition and online at https://antenna.works/signals.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Thursday August 9.
Conceived as a “live arts magazine,” Antenna::Signals is a new sort of variety show by the artists and writers of Antenna. Each “issue” of Antenna::Signals will feature a spread of 6-8 local artists, writers, musicians, scientists and scholars whose practices relate thematically. The live event will be accompanied by the release of a two-dimensional print version, with each magazine dropping during the live event.
Issue::009 will drop on Tuesday, August 14 6-8pm
at ArtSpace Bell School Campus, 2100 Ursulines Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70119
As one of the most culturally rich cities in the world, New Orleans’ preservation is predicated upon its attachment to repetition and tradition. In recognition of this phenomenon, issue 009 of Antenna::Signals will drop on Tuesday, August 14, and will examine the theme of Cycles, exploring the ways in which recurrence has transpired throughout New Orleans’ cultural and ecological fabrics. Explored through presentations and stories by
- David Baker – an environmental curator with over 20 years of experience in wetland ecology – A Studio in the Woods
- Naimonu James – healer and astrologist
- Lamar Gardere – Executive Director of The Data Center; co-author of The New Orleans Prosperity Index: Tricentennial Edition
- Kate Lacour – comic artist investing the intersection of art and biology
- Jon Burchfield – vintage clothing curator at Buffalo Exchange
- Ashley Hill – Doula with Birthmark Doula Collective
- AND MORE!
Image by Kate Lacour