Tuesday, December 11, 6:30-9:00pm
@ Hermann-Grima Historic House
820 St. Louis Street
New Orleans, LA 70112
History has shown us that the manner in which we document places and events can have a large impact on the value that is given to the people that are a part of these geographies. The responsibility that comes with preserving and promoting under-discussed narratives to the masses is one that can be exceedingly fulfilling but equally as turbulent. While many of the cultural facets included within these histories and stories are often adored and monetized, there are many ramifications to this appreciation that can result in these cultural creators and bearers being overlooked. Issue 011 of Antenna::Signals will drop Wednesday, December 12 and will examine the theme of Onus by featuring individuals whose work wrestles with the daunting and exciting nature of conservation in an effort to create more righteous cultural ecosystems.
- “Station 15” Director Kira Akerman, in conversation with the film’s star Chasity Hunter
- Sculptor and Founder of Culturalyst – Sam Bowler
- Native New Orleanian Photographer – Jamell Tate
- Architect Chris Daemmrich
- Editor-not-in-chief of the Bulbancha zine and member of the Atakapa-Ishak Nation of Southwest Louisiana and Southeast Texas – Dr. Jeffrey Darensbourg
- Multidisciplinary artist and Big Chief of the Young Seminole Hunters – Demand Melancon
- And more!