Work at Antenna!
Antenna is hiring a Program Assistant
Part-time with the Possibility of growth.
Starting Late February 2018
Antenna seeks a Program Assistant to work closely with the Director of Programs and Executive Director to manage and promote existing docket of programs, including our signature “live arts magazine” quarterly event, Antenna::Signals. The Program Assistant will also support other staff with design, print and publishing of books, zines, comics, postcards, and more. This position is perfect for an ambitious creative individual wanting to explore and develop new programming ideas while helping continuing Antenna’s robust suite of programming offerings. Please read skill requirements and program description carefully!
Qualified candidates should email Executive Director Bob Snead at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and an up-to-date resume/cv with the email addresses and phone numbers of two references. Preference will be given to applicants who submit material before February 20th. Position open until filled.
-At all levels Antenna prides itself on providing opportunities to artists and writers, so those with a creative practice outside of the office are encouraged to apply.
-At least two years experience in art-related position, which can include past internships.
-Strong writing skills are an absolute must.
-Social media presence and skills.
-Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
-Interpersonal skills; ability and desire to engage and commiserate with people across the city and cultures.
-Ability to self-manage.
-Understanding of literary and visual arts landscapes both locally and globally.
-Graphic design experience (Adobe Suite) and an understanding of aesthetics and design practices are a huge plus. If not versed in the Adobe Suite, particularly photoshop, illustrator, and indesign, as well as WordPress for website maintenance, you will trained on uses required for the position.
-A sense of humor.
Assist Director of Programs on Antenna’s quarterly Antenna::Signals event
- Assist Director of Programs by coordinating with presenters and managing logistics.
- Assist with design of Signals quarterly publication by managing receipt of all images and writings from presenters.
- Manage and lead the development of new online content, which will include an video documentary series based on Signals themes and speakers.
Self-guided public-facing communications. Promote Antenna’s robust programmatic offerings online:
- Generate and share Antenna events and news on social media and website.
- Curate and repost non-Antenna content related to the organization’s mission to share and support other artists, writers, and organizations doing great work in New Orleans.
- Organize and maintain Antenna’s monthly Newsletter and website.
Manage Antenna Open calls. Antenna releases a number of open calls annually, including open calls for local and national/international artist exhibitions; Spillways residency open calls; chapbook and comic/zine open calls; and open calls for Signals writings:
- Post open calls on website and on social media.
- Post reminders of deadlines on social media.
- Look through submissions and organize once the application window closes.
Fundraising. All staff members are required to assist in fundraising activities for the organization. This may include:
- Helping with large fundraising events.
- Reading/writing copy for grants.
- Preparing spaces for rentals, including helping to maintain residency spaces.
This is a part-time position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Antenna is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.